Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Perm Full-time
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Engineer you will be entrusted with the design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities include collaborating with a high performing team to take products and features from inception through agile development and into our customer's hands. As part of your job, you will work closely with product owners, designers, and other software engineers to come up with product designs, product features, and eventually build them in a rapid innovation environment. You'll collaborate with architects to build a scalable platform to support Employ's rapid growth. Through it all, you will be on the lookout for new technologies and techniques that you can turn into products and help Employ maintain reputation as an innovation leader.
What Will You Bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications.
- Proven backend development skills with experience in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, SOAP/REST APIs, MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached, Redis.
- Experience working with Product Management to build and release products in an agile environment.
- Familiar with SDLC tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, Git, Jenkins.
- Knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in SaaS applications for HR related domains (Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
- URLs to share with us showing open-source contributions, websites you've worked on, questions you've answered on Stack Overflow, or additional work that shows off your expertise.