Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 21,000 customers across all industries.
We're seeking a talented and dedicated Designer to join our team, who'll contribute to an elegant, seamless, and empowering UX for the hiring teams and candidates who rely on Employ every day. We believe that well-designed user experiences in the workplace are key to helping entire companies collaborate effortlessly on hiring.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something impactful and transformative. As part of our world-class, customer-first organization, Employ Design plays a key role in our success. This role is a great fit for someone who's keen to take on design projects that range from iterative improvements, through to exploring new, innovative functionality.
As a designer, you’ll take on challenges across multiple stages of our design and delivery process. Understanding our users is core to how we work — through UX research, testing (and re-testing!) design concepts, and ongoing feedback from customers. We’re looking for a designer with a strong track record of designing high-quality digital solutions, with an eye to both user experience and visual design; someone who takes a collaborative approach to solving problems, partnering with teams across Employ to deliver delightful, easy-to-use experiences to our users.
Employ designers are generalists with a broad set of skills and experiences, and who are continuously learning from each other. Our team is collaborative, thoughtful, and passionate about user-centered design. We work closely with our partners in Product Management and Engineering. As part of this team, you’ll shape Employ products’ UX based on our design principles and research insights, helping Employ build the future of recruiting.
What would make you a great fit for this role?
- 3+ years of software design experience
- A portfolio that showcases elegant, intuitive, user-centered designs
- Experience designing workflow tools, productivity apps, or B2B software
- You’re comfortable working at a company where we’re evolving our design practice
- Experience working across multiple stages of the design process: from ideation, to creating and iterating on designs (evolving wireframes & user flows into mockups & prototypes); to testing and updating based on a variety of inputs
- You’ve had ownership over design for a feature set, and shipped products with direct impact on user, customer, and business success
- Familiarity with the product development process, from problem definition to launch and iteration
- Initial experience with UX research: you’ve participated in research sessions, are comfortable talking to users, and use research insights in your work
- A track record of collaborating effectively with PMs, engineers, and other designers — plus partnering cross-functionally with teams across the company
- You’re motivated to solve complex design problems; you’re comfortable embracing ambiguity, and don't hesitate to go back to the drawing board if your first (or second, or third!) idea isn’t successful
- Solid understanding of UX best practices for designing digital experiences that are easy to use, accessible, and scale to support a large user base
- Strong communications skills: you have a clear sense of the rationale behind your designs, can communicate the benefit and value of your work, and back it up with user research, data, and knowledge of design & UX best practices
What are some nice-to-haves for this role?
- Familiarity with HCM or other software in the Talent Acquisition space
- Experience working with or contributing to a design system
- Experience at a digital agency, designing apps or digital products for clients
- We understand that no candidate is a perfect match for every listed requirement, and we welcome those who are eager to grow and adapt in a dynamic environment to still apply