Engineering | Perm Full-time
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever, Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services Employ serves more than 21,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit us at www.employinc.com.
Employ’s engineering team builds cutting-edge products designed to provide a better hiring experience for both applicants and hiring teams. We tackle big technical challenges for systems at scale every day. Our team is built on mutual respect and trust. We emphatically embrace a culture of continued learning and growth, and are empowered to innovate, explore, and utilize our expertise to craft the right solutions for our customers. Our team values kindness and curiosity, driven by the desire to try, reflect, and adapt. We’re seeking an experienced team leader who will play a crucial role in growing Employ’s SMB ATS product-line for scale through the successful execution of productand technical enhancements. The successful candidate will care deeply about our customers, have a strong background in engineering, top-notch leadership skills, and a results-oriented mindset.
What you'll do:
- Execute Employ’s growth strategy through the development of projects, including investment into our supporting tooling and frameworks.
- Lead a team of engineers, providing direction and guidance to each member of the team.
- Blend strategic thinking, technical capability, and process orientation to deliver high-performance results.
- Oversee an agile development process, ensuring sustainable and predictable development practices and a timely delivery of projects.
- Define objectives and key results for engineering team and projects.
- Ensure close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering leadership across Employ, and other key stakeholders to align and focus attainment of business objectives.
What you'll bring:
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in people, project, and technical leadership.
- Outstanding people leadership skills, including strengths in providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship for engineers of varying levels of experience.
- A keen ability to analyze metrics, make strategic recommendations and derive action plans that boost results.
- Experience with and/or understanding of the following: Software as a Service (SaaS), account and access management, large data set analysis, data flow, SQL, REST, Salesforce, XML feeds, security/data protection best practices, relevant networking concepts (firewalls, load balancing, HTTP).
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies, including modern automated testing strategies, iterative development, and continuous delivery.