About the Job
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 21,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit us at: www.employinc.com.
The Senior Director of Business Applications is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, execution, and technical proficiency to a dedicated business application center of excellence.
This role is responsible for managing the strategic direction of key back-office business, applications and solutions and the daily operations/maintenance and scale of these systems. Managing a team of ~8 people including contractors, this leadership position will help position the company with operational excellence. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Salesforce architecture and a proven track record of managing and guiding business application development teams. In addition, a deep understanding of CPQ, Marketing, and Sales Support applications is crucial. Duties will include leading the team, facilitating the planning, scale, design, and delivery of solutions according to requirements with adherence to time, cost, regulatory, technology, and quality parameters. Types of initiatives may include architecture definition, system upgrades, integrating acquisitions, enhancements as well as other process improvement initiatives.
This is a highly collaborative position that works closely with senior leaders, key stakeholders, and team members across the Employ enterprise. The Senior Director Business Applications will report to the VP of Information Technology, CISO and have direct reports including external consulting organizations to continuously improve operations and improve technical and procedural processes. Position requirements will include actively mentoring and developing individuals within their team to enhance the team’s capability and improve their skills as well as performance. The individual will remain abreast of current business application technology trends and provide technology thought leadership. Additionally, this role works with the IT Management to determine, track, and manage the IT budget.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the organization's Salesforce expert, responsible for architecting, designing, and optimizing our Salesforce environment to meet business objectives and ensure scalability.
- Mentor a team of Salesforce developers, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, efficient solutions that align with best practices, business requirements, and industry standards.
- Lead a Business Applications team that designs, configures, implements, and integrates the Salesforce system portfolio community to enable efficiencies in all areas of the business.
- Oversee the integration of Salesforce and related applications with other business systems, ensuring data consistency and efficient workflow automation.
- Direct strategic and tactical decisions for internal business application tools by building business cases to implement new internal applications or technologies to support business objectives.
· Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitor the performance of applications, providing regular reports and insights to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define and execute the organization's technology strategy, aligning it with the overall business objectives and ensuring a seamless integration of various business applications.
- Provides necessary work direction to manage projects effectively through planning, organization, and project management. Project management will include consistent communication with organizational leaders and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple stakeholder engagements and work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, facilitate process analysis sessions, and develop technology solutions.
- Collaborate with business group leadership to document “Current State” and “Future State” business flows with a focus on the value proposition technology solutions could provide.
- Participates in the annual budget planning process and monthly reviews of goals and objectives, ensuring cost-effectiveness and resource allocation in alignment with organizational goals.
- Provides development, maintenance and training support for our CRM, ERP, EPM, ETL components, plug-ins, and other back-office solutions.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors and technology partners, ensuring effective use of resources, cost control, and optimal performance of applications.
- Ensure that all applications meet compliance standards and security protocols, safeguarding sensitive company and customer data.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Business Management, Computer Science, Finance, Information Systems, or technical/business related fields.
- Minimum 10+ years of full lifecycle experience in Business Applications solutions – more experience preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of Business Systems team management – more experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Salesforce Sales & Service clouds, and supporting toolsets such as Marketo, Gong, Clari, Outreach, Calendly, etc. or equivalents.
- Salesforce certifications (e.g., Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Salesforce architect with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Extensive experience in guiding and managing Salesforce development teams.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud-based applications and CRM systems.
- Proven experience in project management, including successful implementation and integration of business applications.
- Strong business acumen through presentation and visualization skills as well as generating insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex concepts to management, team members and non-technical audiences in a simple, easy to understand context.
- Proactive self-starter, requiring minimal guidance, with ability to meet deadlines and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Business Management, Computer Science, Finance, Information Systems, or technical/business related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce administration/configuration oversight, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with NetSuite or other Enterprise level ERP and EPM solutions are desired.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools such as Workato, Mulesoft, Fivetran or Informatica.
- Extensive experience with CPQ tools and Sales and Marketing Support applications (Gong, Outreach, Calendly, CloudDingo, LeanData, etc.).
- Technology or management consulting experience.
- Change management and large-scale transformation experience.
A commitment to staying current with technology trends and emerging industry best practices. If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for technology, and you are excited to shape the future of our business applications, we invite you to apply and be a part of our innovative team.