A BIT ABOUT US
Lever, an Employ Inc brand, holds a powerful vision of connecting human potential to meaningful work. As they continue their mission, Lever is actively seeking exceptional individuals to join their team. With a rich history and track record of success, Lever has established itself as a prominent player in the industry.
Employ with Lever acquisition has expanded its reach to serving over 18,000 customers and maintaining a vast network of 1,200 partners. This expansive network allows Employ to host an impressive 3.1 million open jobs and connect with 500 million candidates.
Beyond their impressive achievements, Lever remains steadfast in their commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive team culture. Their dedication to cultivating an inclusive environment has earned them esteemed accolades such as being certified as a "Great Place to Work.". Through their unwavering commitment to their vision, relentless pursuit of talent, and dedication to fostering an inclusive workplace, Lever has been recognized as "Best Company Outlook 2022" and featured on Forbes' esteemed list of "Best Startup Employers 2022."
As an Engineer on our Product team, you’ll help us build out our core product by developing high-impact, user-facing features. In our growing engineering organization, you’ll be developing and shipping new features and updates to Lever’s product. You’ll be learning about our real-time web stack UI frameworks that help us deliver a beautiful and high quality solution to our customers. In addition, working on API's and integrations to support our partners. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
You’ll become familiar with all parts of our stack—including our open source web framework, DerbyJS. You will exercise judgment in making tradeoffs between design and feasibility. You’ll engineer extension points to be scalable and resilient in a complex, single-page application.
We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our users, both external and internal. As an engineer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you’ll be an active voice in shaping our product. Lever is constantly rolling out high-demand features and tackling ever greater challenges of scale.
This is the first effort from Lever to establish their presence in India. Their commitment to highly performant teams leads to a vision for the team you will be a part of.
Let me introduce you to our envisioned team—a dynamic and exceptional group that embodies high performance, high optics, and high growth. We are driven by a shared purpose and an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly seeking innovative solutions to challenges.
What sets our team apart is our strong sense of ownership and accountability. Each team member takes proactive initiative, identifying opportunities and going the extra mile to make a significant impact. With unwavering dedication and a relentless work ethic, we foster a culture of excellence and growth.
THE TECH STACK
Lever uses our own open source MVC framework called Derby that syncs all data via Operational Transformation (the algorithm behind Google Docs). OT is the way we handle concurrency conflicts for any piece of data that is edited at the same time. In addition to real-time sync, OT allows us to provide a smoother UI since we can render updates on the client instantly without waiting for our backend to respond, while still guaranteeing consistency.
Lever makes extensive use of AWS, Docker, Node, TypeScript, Mongo, ElasticSearch, and Redis within our infrastructure. We use tools like Hubot to streamline deployments and Grafana to see what’s going on under the hood. In addition to automating all the things, we love to version them too! Our systems are all created using Terraform and Chef, working together to ensure consistency at all costs.
Read more about The Lever Tech Stack from our Software Engineer, Eric Hwang.
● 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a tech company with a track record of delivering software with high business impact
● Exposure to some mentorship or technical leadership responsibilities
● Experience with Scrum or other agile development
● Experience building enterprise software preferred
12 MONTHS AS AN ENGAROO
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
● Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program.
● You’ll meet other new Leveroos in your cohort, and learn the nuts and bolts of the business, our history, and where we’re going.
● You'll also complete your Starter Project, designed to help you build bridges with other Leveroos and positively contribute to your team’s processes and knowledgeTackle your first ticket!
● Dive into Lever’s technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Learn Lever’s technical stack and apply development patterns through your work.
● Participate in Lever’s product development process and ship your first feature to customers.
● Engage in your first on-call rotation in Support Engineering to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues.
● Write internal documentation for your features and systems so other engineers and stakeholders are brought along with your decisions.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Reliably ship full features to customers.
● Assist your peers in best practices for Lever product development.
● Understand the product at scale and be able to provide input to improve our technical systems and tools.
● Participate in interviewing and hiring, as a way to influence team growth and how our values inform our culture.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Build, launch, and support your first big feature. You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Design and focus on keeping your stakeholders apprised of progress and updates.
● Have made a visible impact on the product for all the users of Lever.
● Own major feature areas of the application.
● Be comfortable navigating most of our stack and infrastructure.
● Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new features.