Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 20,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit us at www.employinc.com. Employ wants YOU-your diverse background, talents, values, ideas, and expertise. These qualities are what make our global team stronger and more seasoned. We are fueled by the diversity of our talented employees.
Our Corporate Controller is ready to welcome a Director of Revenue Operations. You will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing all aspects of the revenue generation process within the organization. You will play a critical role in aligning sales, marketing, and finance strategies to maximize revenue growth and improve operational efficiency. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in revenue management, data analysis, and process improvement, along with exceptional leadership skills to drive cross-functional collaboration.
Revenue Strategy and Planning:
- Lead, influence and drive results in ongoing quote-to-cash and revenue business initiatives, including process improvements, business transformation initiatives and system implementations to optimize global revenue operations.
- Be the Finance organization's subject matter expert on revenue accounting providing guidance on technical accounting, policy and process while ensuring accounting compliance.
- Develop and execute revenue generation strategies in collaboration with sales, marketing, and finance teams to achieve revenue targets and business objectives.
- Act as the strategic partner to C-Suite in driving & streamlining scalable process improvements within revenue recognition.
Sales, Marketing and Legal Alignment:
- Foster strong collaboration between sales, marketing, and sales Operations teams to ensure seamless quote-to-cash processes.
- Collaborate with legal, FP&A, tax, sales operations, product, and professional services relative to contract negotiations, new product offerings and non-standard contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the sales process and identify areas for improvement, streamlining workflows, and implementing best practices.
Financial and Management Reporting
- Manage global monthly and quarterly revenue close process, including reporting packages for balance sheet, customer, and P&L analysis.
- Enhance and optimize accounts receivable and revenue recognition activities.
Revenue Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain accurate and insightful revenue reports and dashboards for key stakeholders, including executives and department heads.
- Utilize data analytics to identify revenue trends, customer behavior, and potential bottlenecks, and present actionable insights to drive revenue growth.
- Assess revenue risks and opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Collaborate with sales, finance, and legal teams to establish pricing strategies and ensure compliance with revenue recognition standards.
- Work closely with the Company's external auditors on revenue recognition and related controls and manage quarterly and annual audit requirements.
- Oversee internal control design, execution, monitoring, and compliance within quote to cash and revenue cycles.
- Manage the global revenue accounting close and reporting process, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, IFRS, internal controls, and company policy and procedures.
Systems and Scale:
- Lead quote-to-cash integration efforts and geographic expansion projects as part of our global consolidation of CRM and ERP optimization strategy.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Manage and mentor the revenue accounting operations team, promoting a culture of continuous learning and professional growth.
- Manage credit and collections team and develop and enhance processes and controls around credit and collection-related financial metrics.
- Set clear goals and expectations, conduct performance evaluations, and provide regular feedback to team members.
- Hire, manage and/or develop a high-performance team where inclusion and diversity of thought are leveraged for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Design and implement a global center of excellence structure for revenue operations and accounts receivable functions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field. An MBA or equivalent advanced degree is advantageous.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in revenue operations, sales operations, or related roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership position.
- In-depth knowledge of revenue management principles, sales processes, and data analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with CRM and ERP systems (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot, NetSuite) and revenue-related tools (e.g., revenue analytics software).
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data manipulation and visualization tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various teams and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team, driving performance and achieving results.
- Strategic thinker with a problem-solving mindset and a keen eye for process improvement opportunities.